Learn more about Glow Recipe and their Pineapple-C Bright Serum in this review. I share exactly how I use it, the results I have experienced and where you can purchase the product should you decide to try it.
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
With so many different skin care products on the market, it can be really overwhelming to decide which ones you should invest in. This is especially true when it comes to trendy or higher end products.
Glow Recipe is a brand that has been popping up everywhere from pretty much every social media platform to magazines to subscription boxes. It’s a brand that’s hard to miss at the moment.
I have had such great results with the four other Glow Recipe products that I’ve tried so far:
- Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream
- Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm
- Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask
- Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum
In this review, I tested the Pineapple-C Bright Serum. Once again, the results that I have experienced are very good
Below I will discuss more about the brand, the product itself, the results I have experienced and where you can purchase the product should you decide to try it.
About Glow Recipe
Glow Recipe is a skincare company with a presence in the United States and parts of Europe.
Their products were initially inspired by Korean beauty, also commonly referred to as K-beauty. The founders have even traveled to Korea on multiple occasions to perfect their formulas.
All of Glow Recipe’s products are powered by fruit and other high-quality, natural ingredients. The products are clean, cruelty-free and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
The product line includes cleansers, moisturizers, serums, treatment masks, toners, body cream and lip balm.
My Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum Review
What Is It?
Pineapple-C Bright Serum is a facial serum that is applied to clean skin twice a day.
The purpose of this serum is to brighten and smooth the skin.
The serum is light yellow and absorbs very quickly. It can be applied alone or mixed with a Glow Recipe’s Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid for deeper hydration.
There are 4 main ingredients in this serum:
- Pineapple: brightens, smooths, hydrates, fades dark spots and acne scars.
- Ascorbic Acid: brightens, improves skin tone and reduces signs of aging.
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid: brightens and evens skin tone.
- Hyaluronic Acid: hydrates and smooths skin.
- Plum: a combination of 3 antioxidant rich types of plums are used to provide hydration and nourishment for a more youthful appearance.
- Vitamin E: hydrates and protects.
Who Is It For?
This serum is acceptable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
It is especially beneficial to those with aging skin and/or dark spots.
How I Used It
I use this serum once or twice a day.
According to the directions, 1-2 pumps should be applied to clean skin, morning and night.
I combined this product with the Plum Plump for the first 2 weeks. Once I ran out of Plum Plump, I combined it with another hyaluronic acid serum.
The product absorbs very quickly making it difficult to spread everywhere before it is gone. Combining it with the hyaluronic acid helps to distribute it more evenly.
The only issue that I have is that I personally do not care for the scent and I do have some small clumps or gelling up of the product.
Full disclosure: During the 3-4 weeks that I have been testing this product, I also used Kiehl’s Vitamin C Eye Serum, Neostrata Triple Firming Neck Cream, First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, and The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil.
Glow Recipe’s website does not have any studies or results listed for this product at this time.
- 100% said their skin felt hydrated.
- 100% said that the serum absorbed easily into their skin.
- 94% said that their skin felt softer and smoother.
- 94% said that their skin had a healthy, glowing radiance after use.
- 92% said that their skin felt supple and plump.
After 3-4 weeks of use, I can honestly that:
- My skin feels hydrated.
- The serum absorbed very easily and quickly into my skin.
- My skin feels soft and smooth.
- I have not seen any improvements in my dark spots. The only product that I sometimes see an improvement with these is the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask, which is not currently listed for sale on the Glow Recipe website (the avocado eye mask is still available).
These are results that I experienced so far and it does seem that extended use will continually improves the results.
I did not experience any irritation with this product, however it’s possible that those with more sensitive skin might.
Overall, like with every other Glow Recipe product that I’ve tried so far, I am very happy with the Pineapple-C Bright Serum. I will continue to use it and definitely recommend it.
How Much Does It Cost?
Glow Recipe’s products fall more in the mid-range for skin care. All of their individual products are currently priced under $50.
The Pineapple-C Bright Serum has a retail value of $49.00.
How long this product will last will very greatly on if you need 1 or 2 drops and if you use it once or twice a day. I used 2 drops usually just once a day and still have about half a bottle left after 4 weeks.
Where Can You Buy It
There are several places you can purchase Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum: