The Winter 2021 FabFitFun subscription box is a quarterly lifestyle subscription box. It is fully customizable for annual members and partially customizable for seasonal members. Check out my review as well as all of the items you could choose from if you sign up for your own box. It’s only $49.99 for over $300 worth of on-trend goodies!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I think it’s fair to say that FabFitFun surprised everyone when they recently announced that beginning with the summer 2021 box, annual subscribers could choose all of their items. Seasonal subscribers are still limited to only being able to choose from the first three categories.
After several boxes where I could choose every item, I do feel that the box is definitely more curated for me. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I am thrilled with every choice category, but sometimes I do choose items that I can gift instead.
This winter box wasn’t as exciting for me as the Fall box, but it’s still a very good value and I’ll keep most of the items I chose.
For those not familiar with FabFitFun, I’ll try to explain how it all works and answer any questions you might have. If you already know the deal, then skip on ahead to check out all of the items!
Table of Contents
What Is FabFitFun?
FabFitFun is a women’s lifestyle subscription box that ships quarterly. Each box is curated for the season and contains fashion, beauty, home, travel, fitness, food items, and more!
Each season, they also include a magazine explaining all of the items and how to use some of them. It’s actually one subscription box insert that I find really helpful and entertaining.
Can You Customize Your FabFitFun Box?
Yes, there are multiple ways to customize you box including the standard box choices, adding on box choices, and by shopping add-on’s, Boost My Box and Refills.
Just be aware that customization closes before boxes start to ship so you may have to wait until the next box to be able to customize.
Standard Box Choices
Each quarter, subscribers get to choose some or all of the items they will receive. If you become an annual subscriber, you get to customize your entire box now. Seasonal members usually get to choose items from 3 categories.
Additional Box Choices
I also love that most quarters, FabFitFun allows you to add on additional choice items for much lower than the original cost.
Add On’s and Boost My Box
In addition to being able to add on additional choice items, FabFitFun also opens a window of time where you can purchase add-ons for significantly lower prices than the retail cost.
Annual subscribers get access first and usually the best stuff is sold out right away. But it’s always worth checking out multiple times as people have a few days to change their minds and update their carts before they are charged.
The Boost My Box option is still pretty new. It’s an option to add 1 of 3 “luxury” items to your box for a discounted rate. I didn’t choose to boost my box this season.
If you choose to become a seasonal member, an extra perk of buying an additional choice item or add-on items, is that your FabFitFun box will be shipped in the first wave, after annual subscribers.
** Keep in mind that the window to customize your items closes before boxes ship. If you sign up after the window is closed, you won’t get to choose items until the next season’s box.
How Much Does FabFitFun Cost?
FabFitFun is regularly $49.99 a quarter. Each box contains over $200.00 in items (usually well over)! You can also pay for a year (4 boxes) upfront for a total of $179.99 which saves you $20.00 over the year and also gives you additional benefits including:
- complete customization
- access to add-ons before anyone else
- earlier shipping
You can save $10.00 off of your first box by CLICKING HERE!
Now that we got through all of that, let’s see what’s in this season’s box!
FabFitFun Winter 2021 Unboxing Video
Unfortunately, I just missed the mark on a video for this unboxing. Life should be back to normal for the next box as we are finally moving back home!
FabFitFun Winter 2021 Review
Please keep in mind that some items will vary and that you will not have the ability to choose items at this time. The window to choose items is only open for a short period of time, before boxes start shipping out.
I will, however, tell you what other items you may receive should you sign up for a subscription before the FabFitFun Winter 2021 box sells out.
Note: if the winter box sells out, the first box will likely be a Member’s Picks Box (or something similar) which may or may not contain some of these items. There has also been a bit of customization available with this intro box, as well.
The box always comes with a magazine which discusses the items and other related topics, as well as information about an organization they are supporting.
It’s one of the only inserts that I actually enjoy reading. There are also discount codes in the back for some brands that FabFitFun features.
Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum ($85.00)
This category was kind of an easy choice for me. I’ve used the Sunday Riley retinoid serum before and really liked it.
It doesn’t irritate my skin or dry it out at all. If I remember correctly, the bottle lasted a couple of months because you only use it at night and have to start with using it just a couple of days a week, if you’re more sensitive.
This product is made in the USA.
The other choice items from this category were:
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil (Canada Only, $55.00)
- UnHide Lil’ Marshmallow Blanket in Charcoal, Rose, or Silver ($65.00)
- Herschel Mica Tote ($59.99)
- Mark & Graham Wine Opener ($49.00)
- Short Stories Travel Blanket in Ruby Wine ($68.00)
- Short Stories LED Indoor Planter ($60.00)
- PMD Cleanser – Teal ($99.00)
- Summer & Rose Cozy Robe ($70.00)
The travel blanket, indoor planter, PMD cleanser and robe were all late additions to this choice category. I’m not sure if the other items sold out or had shipping/inventory issues.
I chose the Sunday Riley A+ Retinol before the other choices were option, but still would have chosen it regardless.
To add an extra item from this first category, the cost would be $15 per additional item.
Glamnetic Virgo Magnetic Eyelashes + Soo Future! Mini Magnetic Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen In Deep Space ($59.99)
I really want to start wearing false lashes when I go out, so I have amassed quite a collection. But, I never wear them. I have decent lashes naturally, so that’s part of the reason.
Most of the lashes I have gotten are more dramatic, so I chose this set because it looked like they’d be more natural. I also have another set by this brand that I have tried and I do like the magnetic liner.
I think I just worry too much that they are going to fall off, but really who cares if they do? It wouldn’t be the first time right?
This product is made in China.
The second category that all subscribers could pick from also included:
- Glow by Daye Pacific Dream Duo Set Satin Bonnets ($40.00)
- Our Place Layered Lunch Box with Clips + Utensils ($35.00)
- Sur La Table 4-Piece Silicone Utensil Set in Red or Grey ($40.00)
- Lilly Pulitzer Ceramic Mugs Set of 2 ($42.00)
- Soia & Kyo Woven Scarfigan with Fringe ($85.00)
- The Bright Angle Elixir Olive Oil Bottle – White ($56.00)
- Short Stories Black & White Bowl Set ($39.00)
- Ryan Porter Holiday Votive Collection ($48.00)
- Sonix Bluetooth Speaker ($45.00)
To add additional items in this category was also $15 per item.
Again, items were added on after customization opened. Those items were the candles and the blue tooth speaker. Some of these items are also repeats from past boxes.
Dr. Brandt® Skincare Collagen Serum ($60.00)
I really don’t need any skin care products, let alone two more in this box alone, but the other items just didn’t interest me at all and I already have 3 of them.
The shampoo was a late addition to choice so it was not an option when I chose. I would have picked that as I am currently using it and love it.
Dr. brandt is a great skincare brand though, so I’m sure I’ll like the serum whenever I get around to using it.
This item is made in the USA.
The items that ALL users could choose from also included:
- BITE Beauty™ Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick in Sugar Buns ($28 Value)
- Kate Spade Rise & Shine Stud Earrings – Set of 2 ($68 Value)
- Koral 1lb Ankle/Wrist Weights ($35.00 Value)
- True + Luscious Lucky Glow Palette Vol. 2 ($46 Value)
- Masontops Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker Kit ($40 Value)
- Michael Kors Beanie with Pom ($48 Value)
- OUAI Detox Shampoo + Massager Bundle ($40 Value)
I believe to add on items in this category was $10 each.
Briogeo Scalp Revival™ Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment ($32.00)
Again, I wasn’t thrilled with these items. I’ve tried Briogeo products a few years ago and didn’t love them, but this scalp treatment is new to me.
However, I tend to have an oily scalp, not a dry one, so I probably won’t be keeping this product.
I don’t have curly hair so the curl product is also useless to me and have way too much heat protectant and cleansers to work through.
There just wasn’t a great option in this category for me personally.
This product is made in the USA.
Only annual subscribers were able to choose their items in this category. The other choices were:
- Briogeo Curl Charisma™ rice amino + avocado leave-in defining crème ($20 Value)
- Briogeo Farewell Frizz Heat Protectant ($24 Value)
- TULA The Cult Classic Purifying Cleanser ($28 Value)
- Way of Will Slim Deep ($37.50 Value)
I believe to add on items in this category would have been $7 each.
Vahdam Teas Recovery Sampler ($25.00)
This tea is showing up everywhere lately! I’ve gotten it from Sprouts through my other account which is all food-related.
I’m a big tea drinker, especially spiced and chai teas so this set is perfect for me. I believe the Alltrue winter box will have tins from this brand, as well.
There are 5 of each flavor: India’s Original Chai, Sweet Cinnamon Chai, Turmeric Ginger, Vanilla Spiced, and Turmeric Spiced tea.
They are all really good and very flavorful!
This product is made in India.
Only annual subscribers could also choose between the pedicure set or:
- Epare Milk Frother ($24.95)
- Vitamasques Cranberry & Apple Sheet Mask Set ($24.00)
- Grown Alchemist Body Cream in Mandarin Rosemary Leaf ($26.00)
- Cocofloss Tropical Trio ($28.00)
I have multiple milk frothers from working with brands on my other account so I didn’t have a need for that, but it’s a cute idea and something different in these kinds of boxes. I’m not a fan of sheet masks and as a former dental hygienist, I will never buy trendy floss. Ever.
If I had known how much I love the Gloss Moderne hair masque, I would have added that on too.
To add on items from this category was $7 each.
Bennkai + Voesh Bundle ($35.00)
FabFitFun has started including bundles as the final category item.
I chose the bundle with the Voesh manicure kit and hot chocolate bomb maker.
I’ve used the pedicure kit and really liked it so I thought I might like this one too. I’m not sure that I’ll be making hot chocolate bombs, though my kids may like them. I’m also thinking that they molds could be used to make other things too, like bath bombs maybe?
The manicure kit comes with enough packets for 2 manicures. It includes a nail file, 2 sugar scrubs, 2 cream masks and 2 massage butters. After my culinary classes end in a couple of weeks, I am definitely pampering myself!
The Voesh kit is made in Korea and the hot chocolate bomb mold is made in China.
In this final category annual subscribers could choose from 1, 2 or 3 item bundles. There were a ton of choices!
Subscribers could also receive:
- KVD Beauty Go Big or Go Home Mascara ($24.00)
- Lucky Brand Solid Brushed Scarf ($69.50)
- Summer Fridays CC Me Serum ($64.00)
- Fits Puzzles Puzzle – Oasis ($24.00)
- Billion Dollar Brows 6pc Pro Brush Essentials Kit ($62.00)
- Summer & Rose Tweezer with Pouch, AHAVA Refreshing Facial Cleansing Gel & Aesthetica Liquid Eyeliner Bundle ($58.00)
- Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File, BENNKAI Hot Chocolate Bomb Maker & Aesthetica Liquid Eyeliner Bundle ($44.00)
- Avene Thermal Spring Water & Scentuals Natural, Organic Skin Care Vitamin C Serum & Aesthetica Liquid Eyeliner Bundle ($67.00)
Additional items were $10.00 in this category.
Winter 2021 Add On’s
After buying way too many add-on’s last season, I decided to skip buying anything additional this season.
FabFitFun Winter 2021 Final Thoughts
It’s much easier to say that I am happy with my box when I was able to choose all of the items, however, I still felt the choices were a bit less exciting than the fall box.
With everything I chose being on the smaller side, it didn’t feel like I was getting as much even though the value is totally there.
Since reviews are just a matter of personal opinion, let’s talk about value of the Winter 2021 FabFitFun box.
- Is this seasons box worth the $45.00 that I paid for it ($49.99 for seasonal subscribers)? In my opinion, yes. I received $297.00 worth of items that I got to choose. For me, what makes a box “worth it” is if I will use the large majority of the products. .
- Next, does this box fit the season? Personally, this seems to be less of a winter-themed box to me compared to past seasonal boxes. Some of the more winter-y items like the candles or scarf were either not available when I chose or sold out quickly. Most were repeats from past boxes.
- Does this box hit on Fab, Fit, and Fun? My answer is usually the same. There are always plenty of “fab” and “fun” items, but the “fit” section is usually lacking. This month there were ankle weights and a firming oil.
Now the long wait until the spring box begins. FabFitFun usually has plenty of themed and edit sales to hold us over until then.
How To Subscribe to FabFitFun
To sign up for FabFitFun, just click here and you will save $10.00!
I hope you find this Winter 2021 FabFitFun Subscription Box Review helpful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.