See some of the beauty products that you could receive in the October 2021 Boxycharm base box. Plus learn how Boxycharm works, and how you can easily sign up for this AMAZING beauty subscription yourself!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
The base box items are typically a mix of a few well known or high-end brands with a lot of lesser known, lower value items making up the bulk of the potential items you could receive.
When I looked over all of the potential items, I knew this box wasn’t going to be a favorite for me, but would fall more into the so-so category. A box where I’ll use about half of the items.
I’ve been surprised many times before, so I’ll try to hold off too much judgement until I try the products.
Below is all about how Boxycharm works, but if you are already familiar and just want to see the products, skip on down to the October 2021 Boxycharm Review heading.
What Is Boxycharm?
Boxycharm is a monthly beauty subscription. They send a variety of skin care, hair care, and makeup products and tools each month.
How Does Boxycharm Work?
This is where things get a little bit confusing, so I will try to break it down and make it easy to understand.
Boxycharm has 3 different types of boxes, their regular monthly base box, a premium monthly box, and a luxury box that is only available quarterly.
Initially, I wanted to only sign up for the premium box. I kept seeing a button for “Join The Waitlist” but every time I clicked it, it took me to the page to sign up for the regular monthly box.
As it turns out, you have to be a subscriber to the monthly base box in order to be able to add-on the Premium box. That’s right, you will get two different boxes each month – each with it’s own cost (more on that in a minute). You can cancel the base box subscription after the first month of getting both boxes.
BoxyLuxe is a luxury box available every 3 months. You pay an additional fee to upgrade your base box to a luxury box. More details on this box are below.
How Much Does Boxycharm Cost?
Here’s a quick breakdown of each box, how much it costs, and what you can expect to get.
- BoxyCharm Monthly Base Box: this box is $25.00 a month. You will receive 5 full size beauty products, one of which you get to choose, with a value of at least $120.00. There is a huge variety of brands from lesser known brands to very popular brands. There are also many box variations each month, so what I have in my box may be completely different from what you will receive.
- BoxyCharm Premium: to get this box, you must be subscribed to the base box for $25.00/month, then join the waitlist for Premium. Once you are activated from the waitlist, you pay an additional $39.99/month for this box. There is a note that you can cancel either your base box or Premium box at anytime after the first month of being subscribed to both. The Premium box has 6-7 full size beauty products, two of which you get to choose, with a value of at least $175.00.
- BoxyLuxe: this is a quarterly box that replaces your base box if you choose to upgrade. The cost is an additional $25.00. You will get 8-9 full size beauty and lifestyle products, with the ability to choose up to 2 products. The value of this box is at least $250.
All of the boxes are eligible for add-on’s, access to the pop-up shops, and rewards for reviewing the products that you receive in your box each month.
It seems as if there is frequently a bonus for new subscibers, you can check out the current offers on the BoxyCharm website sign up page.
October 2021 Boxycharm Review
GLOW RECIPE Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops ($34.00)
The other choice items were:
- BEAUTY BAKERIE Milk & Honey Highlighting Palette
- TARTE Wink of H₂O Vegan Collagen Eye Cream
Having received the highlighting palette last month, it’s a bit annoying that it was a choice item this month. Regardless, I really wanted the Glow Recipe Watermelon Niacinamide Dew Drops.
I have loved every Glow Recipe product that I’ve tried to far, and want to try them all! I did use this on the back of one hand immediately after opening my box. It does leave a sheen on the skin.
I’m probably going to use it more as a primer, then as a highlighter. The hand I used it on did have a little bit of a sticky feel. Being that I’m sensitive to dewiness on my skin, I don’t think I would be able to tolerate it as a highlighter.
This product is made in Korea.
Laura Geller Spackle Skin Perfecting Primer: Hydrate ($32.00)
I’m currently using another product like this, and actually like the 2-in-1 primer and moisturizer combination.
This one is supposed to brighten and replenish the skin. It says you can use it alone for a natural, dewy look. Again, I’d probably only use it under make up.
I do have a ton of primers. Boxycharm sends at least one a month, it seems. And, I also have a lot of moisturizers. It will be quite some time before I get to this one.
This product is made in Taiwan.
Hanalei Matte Bronzer ($25.00)
I thought this was a Hawaiian brand, but then saw that it’s made in Korea. However, I was right. It is a brand based on all things Hawaiian. It is confusing to me that it’s not made in Hawaii then.
I don’t really use bronzer and I have several, so I will likely be giving this away.
It is a nice tan shade, but a bit too dark for my fairer skin tone.
Haus Laboratories Glam Attack Liquid Shimmer Powder ($20.00)
Does it confuse anyone else that this claims to be a liquid and a powder?
The shade that I got is called flash. It’s silver.
I don’t think II’ll be wearing silver eyeshadow anytime soon, so again, I’ll be giving this one away. All of the images on their website show very bold looks with this color.
This product is made in Germany.
Julep Beauty Makeup Remover Towelettes ($22.00)
I never buy makeup removing clothes, but if I get them in a subscription box, I always use them.
Since I’m still working my way through two other jars of cleansing balms that do a great job at removing makeup, I won’t use these right away, but soon.
While makeup removing clothes aren’t the most fun item to get, I suppose they are useful.
This product is made in China.
This box is not my favorite with the exception of the Glow Recipe product. The theme was Spellbound. I would say the only item that might fit into that category would be the silver eyeshadow.
The retail value of this particular box variation is $131.00 according to the values listed by BoxyCharm. It seems to me that the value has been consistently lower lately, unless there is a product with an insane markup.
I plan to keep Glow Recipe, Julep makeup remover wipes, and probably the Laura Geller primer and moisturizer.
I had been on the fence about canceling the last several months, but was waiting for a month where I didn’t want any of the choice item options. November’s choice items finally got me to bite the bullet and I canceled the base box.
I plan to keep the premium box, although they did just raise the monthly price.
November 2021 Boxycharm Base Box Choice Items
The November 2021 Boxycharm Base Box Choice Items are:
- Trestique Foundation Stick ($30)
- Luxie Por La Noche Brush Set ($40, not on the Luxie website at this time)
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser
If I were keeping my base box subscription, I would have chosen the Kate Somerville cleanser.
How To Subscribe To Boxycharm
You can sign up for a Boxycharm subscription on BoxyCharm’s website. Be sure to take advantage of any current free gifts with your new subscription. If you’re interested in BoxyCharm Premium, make sure that you join the waitlist so that you can be activated as soon as possible.
Past Boxycharm Reviews
Want to see more of what you can expect from a Boxycharm subscription? Check out some of my past Boxycharm reviews:
- September 2021 Boxycharm Review – $152.00 Value!!
- August 2021 Boxycharm Review – $175.00 Value!!
- July 2021 Boxycharm Review – $150 Value!!
- June 2021 Boxycharm Review – $165.00 Value!
- May 2021 Boxycharm Review – $157 Value!!
- April 2021 Boxycharm Review ($154 Value!)
- March 2021 Boxycharm Review ($236 Value!)
I hope you find this October 2021 Boxycharm Review helpful. Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more fun beauty and lifestyle content. I’ve also have a YouTube channel where I am sharing unboxing videos, empties, and more!