See some of the beauty products that you may receive in the August 2021 Boxycharm Premium box, learn how Boxycharm works, and how you can easily sign up for this beauty subscription yourself.
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
The August Premium Boxycharm box is finally here!
My premium box shipped kind of late this month. I was actually away on vacation when it arrived, then we spent the next week moving back into our house after a garage fire 7 months ago, so this review is a bit late.
Last month, Boxycharm did a box takeover featuring Anastasia Beverly Hills. This month, things are back to normal.
In addition to the choice items, there are actually quite a few items that I would be happy to have gotten this month. And, as usual, quite a few I was hoping not to get.
I’ll explain exactly how BoxyCharm works below, as well as share a complete review of the products that I did end up getting in my BoxyCharm Premium box. If you already know the deal, skip on down to the August 2021 BoxyCharm Premium Review heading.
What Is Boxycharm?
Boxycharm is a monthly beauty subscription. They send a variety of full size skin care, hair care, and makeup products and tools each month.
Each month there is a theme. This month it’s “Dare to Dazzle.”
How Does Boxycharm Work?
This is where things get a little bit confusing, so I will try to break it down and make it easy to understand.
Boxycharm has 3 different types of boxes, their regular monthly base box, a premium monthly box, and a luxury box that is only available quarterly.
Initially, I wanted to only sign up for the premium box. I kept seeing a button for “Join The Waitlist” but every time I clicked it, it took me to the page to sign up for the regular monthly box.
As it turns out, you have to be a subscriber to the monthly base box in order to be able to add-on the Premium box. That’s right, you will get two different boxes each month – each with its own cost (more on that in a minute). You can unsubscribe from the base box after that first month and just keep the Premium, if you want.
BoxyLuxe is a luxury box available every 3 months. You pay an additional fee to upgrade your base box to a luxury box. More details on this box are below.
How Much Does Boxycharm Cost?
Here’s a quick breakdown of each box, how much it costs, and what you can expect to get.
- BoxyCharm Monthly Base Box: this box is $24.99 a month. You will receive 5 full size beauty products, one of which you get to choose, with a value of at least $120.00. There is a huge variety of brands from lesser known brands to very popular brands. There are also many box variations each month, so what I have in my box may be completely different from what you will receive.
- BoxyCharm Premium: to get this box, you must be subscribed to the base box for $24.99/month, then join the waitlist for Premium. Once you are activated from the waitlist, you pay an additional $35.00/month for this box. There is a note that you can cancel either your base box or Premium box at anytime after the first month of being subscribed to both. The Premium box has 6-7 full size beauty products, two of which you get to choose, with a value of at least $175.00.
- BoxyLuxe: this is a quarterly box that replaces your base box if you choose to upgrade. The cost is an additional $25.00. You will get 8-9 full size beauty and lifestyle products, with the ability to choose up to 2 products. The value of this box is at least $250.
All of the boxes are eligible for add-on’s, access to the pop-up shops, and rewards for reviewing the products that you receive in your box each month.
It seems as if there is frequently a bonus for new subscibers, you can check out the current offers on the BoxyCharm website sign up page.
August 2021 BoxyCharm Premium Unboxing Video
I expect to return to making video unboxings regularly starting in September!
August 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
Fenty Beauty What-It-Dew Makeup Refreshing Spray ($30.00)
The first category for choices included:
I chose the Fenty spray. I haven’t heard of the Wishful product and have plenty of moisturizers.
With that said, I rarely use facial sprays so I’m not 100% sure yet that I am going to keep this.
It says it can be used before, during or after makeup application. It is supposed to prep skin, refresh makeup and give instant hydration.
While it all sounds good, I doubt I’d think to use it, so I’m not likely to keep this one.
This product is made in Korea.
Vesca Beauty Soft Sun Radiant Skin Primer & Luminizer in Glow ($30.00)
The products for the second choice were:
- VESCA BEAUTY Kissed By Soft-Matte Bronzing Powder
- VESCA BEAUTY Stargaze Luminous Glow Highlighting Powder
- VESCA BEAUTY Moonlit Dream Cream Shadow
- VESCA BEAUTY Lush Glow Creamy Lip Oil
- VESCA BEAUTY Soft Sun Radiant Skin Primer & Luminizer
- HAUS LABORATORIES Glam Attack Liquid Shimmer Powder
I have not heard of Vesca Beauty until I had to choose an item for this box.
The products do all look very beautiful, so I was excited to try one.
I picked the Soft Sun Radiant Skin Primer & Luminizer in the shade Dawn. It’s a light purple shade.
I tried it on the back on my hand and it’s so pretty! It’s thin and easy to spread but dried down quickly and leaves a subtle sheen.
Did I need yet another primer? Nope. But I do love a healthy glow, so I am excited to give this one a try under makeup soon!
This product is made in Canada.
Grown Alchemist Age Repair Gel Masque ($79.00)
Anytime I receive a product from this brand, I admit that it’s insanely overpriced.
How do I know this? Because whenever this brand is part of a sale, it’s marked down to single digit prices.
However, I do tend to like the products. The few that I’ve tried have been good, but I wouldn’t repurchase.
I am a bit more excited for this masque though. It’s peptide-rich and peptides tend to work really well for my skin.
I sampled it on my hand and it does feel very hydrating, however the scent is super strong.
This product is made in Australia.
OSEA Malibu Sea Mineral Mist ($38.00)
I’m disappointed to have gotten two facial mists in the same box.
This one is a toning mist that is supposed to hydrate, even skin tone and nourish sun drenched skin. To me, this sounds like a product you would apply before serums and moisturizers, however, the instructions say to spritz it to set and refresh makeup.
I doubt I’ll keep this product.
This product is made in the USA (yay!).
Earth Harbor Naturals Sunshine Dew Antioxidant Cleansing Oil ($24.00)
This is one of my favotite brands lately. I’m planning to start thorough, individual reviews of their products soon, including this oil.
I actually bought this recently, but haven’t tried it yet. I love using oils or balms for cleansing.
This product is supposed to remove makeup with ease and leave skin hydrated and bright.
Once I test it and write my review, I’ll link it here.
This product is made in the USA (yay!).
Laruce Beauty Face Disks ($24.00)
I recently received a similar pack of these disks, but I’m not mad about it. I was going to buy new wash clothes anyway, so instead I’ll use these.
On the back of the package it says that the white one is to remove make up, the gray one is apply serums and toners and the black one is for facial cleansing.
I’ll use them all for washing my face and removing make up. I love that you can just toss them in the wash and reuse them.
This product is made in China.
The retail value of my particular box is $225.00.
This is an okay box for me with the exception of two face sprays. I’ll be keeping and using the other 4 products.
I’m definitely at a point where I don’t need much. It’s more about getting to try new things, but I also don’t want to hoard a bunch of things.
I would say this box is a win for me. This usually means the next one won’t be as good (for me), but we shall see!
September 2021 Boxycharm Premium Choice Options
The FIRST choice items for the September 2021 Boxycharm Premium box are:
- FENTY BEAUTY Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette (4 palettes to choose from)
- SERAPHINE BOTANICALS Rhubarb + Rose – Creamy Lip & Cheek Palette
- LORAC PRO Loose Setting Powder (4 shades to choose from)
- BAREMINERALS Mineralist Hyrda-Smoothing Lipstick (3 shades to choose from)
- LORAC LUX Diamond Eye Gloss Trio (2 sets to choose from)
The SECOND choice items for the September 2021 Boxycharm Premium box are:
- TARTE SEA glowtion™ skin perfector
- LAURA MERCIER Soothing Eye Makeup Remover
- LAURA MERCIER Balancing Foaming Cleanser
- LAURA MERCIER Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer
For the first choice, I picked the Fenty Beauty palette in Smoky. It’s a neutral palette and I think I’ll use all 6 shades.
For the second choice, I picked the Tarte skin perfector. I really wanted the makeup remover, but it was no longer available when I was finally able to choose.
How To Subscribe To Boxycharm
You can sign up for a Boxycharm subscription on BoxyCharm’s website. Be sure to take advantage of any current free gifts with your new subscription. If you’re interested in BoxyCharm Premium, make sure that you join the waitlist so that you can be activated as soon as possible.
Past Boxycharm Premium Reviews
Want to see more of what you can expect from a Boxycharm Premium subscription? Check out some of these past reviews:
- July 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review – $183.00 Value!!
- June 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
- May 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
- April 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
- March 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
- February 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
- January 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review
I hope you find this August 2021 Boxycharm Premium Review helpful. Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more fun beauty and lifestyle content. I’ve also have a YouTube channel where I am sharing unboxing videos, empties, and more!